Monday, February 3, 2020

Masking Tape Shoes

Materials -

  • Masking Tape
  • Precise Cutting Knife 
  • Cutting Mat
  • Old Shoe for Example   
Process Photos



Beginning Stages. Making the souls of the shoes.


This is how I did all of the panels for the shoe. I made the sides of the shoe and the tongue this way.

Photo of how I made the sides of the shoe. I placed the shoe on multiple layers of tape then proceeded to trace and cut out the side of the shoe.

Another example of me making more panels for the shoe. This was making the top front of the shoe. The shoes are getting close to being done.

Here is a photo of one shoe being pretty much complete which the other one still has a few more steps to go.

Final Results

Overall I'm super happy with the results. When I was a lot younger I've always liked making and building things from scratch, so this project made me feel like a kid again. Id say the hardest part is the sole of the shoe. Its really hard not to use the entire roll for the thickness but I ended up rolling up tape to make a thickness I was happy with. Ive made shoes out of cardboard before so I pretty much followed the same steps as that.










No comments:

Post a Comment